The journal New Jersey History (NJH), founded as the Proceedings of the New Jersey Historical Society in 1845 and published under the direction of the Society until 2005, was re-launched in 2009 under the editorial direction of historians at the New Jersey Historical Commission, Kean University, and the Society. For four years, this peer-reviewed journal was published online twice a year by the Rutgers University Libraries. NJH is also supported by the New Jersey Digital Highway, which provides an additional access point for the journal from its website. All NJH digital content is archived in RUcore, the Rutgers University institutional repository. As of 2013, the online version of NHJ has ceased publication. Readers interested in New Jersey history may want to view a new journal, New Jersey Studies, which is freely available online at http://njs.libraries.rutgers.edu. New Jersey Studies is published by the New Jersey Historical Commission and Rutgers University Libraries.
All work published in New Jersey History is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 Unported License, unless otherwise noted.Â
Jeffery Triggs, Webmaster
Masthead design: Marybeth Kayne. Image of NJ state seal courtesy of NJ State Archives.
Gerald G. Eggert, David M. Stameshkin, Herbert Ershkowitz